Monday 26 November 2018

Christmas ......?

This weekend it seems most of neighbours decided to start decorating their houses for Christmas. I'm entirely sure why, there's probably some ancient Swedish by-law that we've missed. 
Growing up we didn't even think about decorating the house until after December 2nd, as that's my mums birthday and birthdays are all about you.

When we first moved into together, Jim and I, decorated the house and tree quite late (in fact we left it so late the first year we were in our own flat that we couldn't even buy any tree lights!), and usually after the kids are in bed. And presents only appear on Christmas Eve.

We obviously knew that Scandinavia celebrate Christmas Eve, rather than Christmas Day, what I didn't realize is that the radio station I (sometimes) listen to is now playing '100% Jul musik'.

I've heard some corkers too - I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus' in Swedish with a samba beat no less.  I like Christmas, but come on - it's still only November!


I think my twitchy eye is back......

No comments:

Post a Comment