Wednesday 3 September 2014

When mummy is sleeping!

I've not slept well the last few nights, last night as the worst. I woke up at 5.30, and after an hour finally decided to the loo and stay up.
It was a trifle chilly at that time with the sun not up, so I wrapped myself in blankets and waited. A nap evaded me, but along with the hedgehog and toad we saw last night, I met a cat. Or rather it walked in thought the back of the awning and looked at me. I don't know who was more scared - I wasn't wearing glasses or contacts so couldn't make out what it was initially! 

Then the dawn chorus came and with it I listened to a pair of wood pigeons gently cooing to each other, before everyone woke up.

After a cup of tea I was persuaded back to bed and slept for over an hour, and upon waking again Jim told me that he was taking the kids to the beach,  so after a shower I wandered down.

This is what happnes when mummy is sleeping!


It's a very large fire breathing dragon - in case you were wondering!



No comments:

Post a Comment