Saturday 18 June 2016

Eurovision baby!

I love Eurovision. Unashamedly and only with a little bit of irony. Most years I watch the TV coverage and laugh loudly at Terry Wogan, and most recently Graham Norton's commentary.  Most years.  The last 2 have been different.

Rewind to May last year and we were camping at Thruxton race course. It was my birthday. We were listening to the radio commentary instead (not as good) and I made a random comment to Jim that the Swedish entrant was the favourite. He argued with me a bit, but given that I am a Eurovision nerd he gave up swiftly. So we made a bet. If Sweden won with Hereos by Måns Zelmerlöw Jim would take me to Sweden this year for my 40th birthday.

Måns won. Stockholm won the right to be the host city for this year.

I can hear you asking 'Did Jim honour our bet'?

I'll let you be the judge on that!




No comments:

Post a Comment