Sunday 17 April 2016

...never a dull day ticking away..

The second Christmas Jim & I were together (back in the mid nineties!) he made me a clock. It was beautiful & moved home with me regularly (I was a student). On it was written lyrics from a Pink Floyd song 'Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day'. We were living apart, and I think the words were meant to comfort me......

It was repaired regularly as it was made of perspex & was often damaged in transit. However one day it was deemed beyond repair.

I have specific ideas on what I want in this house and my kitchen is in dire need of a clock! I searched for ages, only finding a Danish clock which satisfied my criteria. Except, as is the case with many things I covet, it was widely expensive and so the search continued.

This Christmas, my search was over as Jim made me another clock.  It is made from driftwood we've collected as a family & a heart shaped pebble I found on a beach. It is beautiful. 

And as I sit here (when i wrote this post a little while back), by the log burner writing, the delicate tick tock-ing is no longer ticking away moments that make up a dull day, but is now inscribed "never a dull day ticking away".... and with 2 kids, 2 houses, in 2 countries and far too much to do....no words were  ever more truly spoken!


1 comment: