Friday 10 April 2015

No, I didn't get lost

Those of you who know me, know that I rarely go wrong with my sense of direction - my dad always said I had an inbuilt compass, but when I do go wrong it tends to be Very Well Done.

Please if any of you are planning to come to and visit (and we hope that you are!), take note. I will say this only once.

When driving around Trondheim, always stay in the outside lane.

In my defence I was very tired and was following Jim without really paying attention to my surroundings (shan't be doing that again!) so it came as a bit of a shock when suddenly he indicated he was moving into the outside lane without much warning. Now I couldn't. There was a ruddy Great Big Lorry on my outside, leaving no where to go, but down the slip road and off to who knows where......(actually I did know as we'd taken that junction earlier when collecting the hire van and eventually you get to Trondheim city centre and drive past Nidaros Cathedral).

I had a few minutes to think about what to do, but coupled with Ned asking where daddy and Mimi were, and me trying to find a sign for Oslo (southbound) it was a bit tricky. 
Thankfully my sensible self kicked into gear (although occasionally my idiot self could be heard shouting shit, fuck inside my head), and we got back on the E6. Going North though, as there was no other south bound slip road. 2 junctions back up the motorway, turned round, a bit of ferreting around in my bag to find my phone in case Jim had called and we were back on track In The Outside Lane, you know just in case.

Norway might have strict laws about parking on street corners (ask Jim) and speeding, but they don't mind you texting or phoning whilst driving which was useful.

Quick phone call from Jim to ascertain that we were okay and where to meet him, and we were off again. 
Finally making it home for tea time.

So you see I was right, I didn't get lost, and my dad was right - keep turning left and you'll always find your way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment