Friday 17 October 2014

Wimping out / self preservation....


So after spending the last couple of weeks speaking to the local electricity supplier in ålen and a lovely lady called Inge (who I think has had enough of me now), I have failed in my attempts to get the house reconnected to mains electricity :(.   

  Gauldal energi undertook a free inspection and basically confirmed that the electrics needed upgrading - not surprised - but I was hoping that we could at least get a temporary supply so we could get some lights in place for our stay.

  Since that news I have become an expert in small scale generators and been looking at buying a generator to get us some power, but as of yesterday and seeing that it will be potentially snowing (!) and only just Above freezing in the day time and down to -5 at night time, I decided to bite the bullet and book us somewhere to stay nearby instead.   Now you might think this wimping out (ahem) but I more consider it avoiding divorce.....  

Useful shopping tips btw.  Biltema.no.  Kind of like a monster version of screwfix direct meets halfiords. 

No comments:

Post a Comment